The CHALLENGE

THE CHALLENGE



1. 7 hrs. of sleep (not necessarily consecutive - naps count too!)


2. 48 oz. of water

3. 30 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4. 2 servings of veggies/ 2 servings of fruit

5. No soda or other unhealthy drinks (high sugar juices)or sweets (desserts, pastries, or sugary snacks)

6. No bad fast food (anything fried) or unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips)

7. No eating after dinner/8:00pm

8. 15 min. of scripture reading (or spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9. One journal entry (any length)

10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to a loved one or friend.




Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tips and Ideas

I thought I'd put my two cents in on a few things. For the yogurt, obviously frozen yogurt would be a sugar dessert unless it is sugar free. Any yogurt that is Light or low in calories and sugar is fine. I have been eating Breyers Yo Crunch 100 Calorie cups. They substitute sugar with a sweetner to make them low in calories and sugar. They are delicious and fill my "sweet tooth" cravings for the day.

Also, for alternative recipes........try

You can sign up and receive emails with recipes and coupons and you can go online and view their recipe lists with thousands of favorite recipes that have been "healthified". Good stuff!
Also, to answer a question from before for Marianne. In my opinion, if you go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6:00am, even with bathroom breaks, you have tried to get a full 8 hours of sleep. If you are not actually "waking up" and walking around, but actually laying in bed trying to sleep because of something that is uncontrolled by you, I don't think you need to deduct that time. As long as you are making an effort to go to bed a little bit earlier than usual to get a longer nights, sleep that is fine. After all, it does say that it does not have to be consecutive.

And, on a side note, I have been having a rough go of the exercise this week because our household has some sort of strep throat thing going around (no fun believe me), but it is amazing how much you can get out of reading even just a couple chapters of scripture. It seems like something new hits me every time I read. I love to have my scriptures and a journal handy to jot down anything that touches me. Helps get through the day a bit easier.
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment