The CHALLENGE

THE CHALLENGE



1. 7 hrs. of sleep (not necessarily consecutive - naps count too!)


2. 48 oz. of water

3. 30 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4. 2 servings of veggies/ 2 servings of fruit

5. No soda or other unhealthy drinks (high sugar juices)or sweets (desserts, pastries, or sugary snacks)

6. No bad fast food (anything fried) or unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips)

7. No eating after dinner/8:00pm

8. 15 min. of scripture reading (or spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9. One journal entry (any length)

10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to a loved one or friend.




Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pep Talk

All those with perfect points... splurge a little. Give me some hope, just dangle it a little in front of me. Even if it's just one point. :)

The first week seemed so easy. Then last week I wasn't feeling well, and because I lost a few points, I've struggled to recover this week. The perfectionistic side of me is taking over. The "all-or-nothing" attitude is creeping in. I'm trying to keep it at bay. But, it's hard. And it's really over 1 thing- the sugar point. So sad, that I do so well in the other 11, but I spend 99% of my time focusing on the 1.

Am I the only one?

4 comments:

  1. You're not the only one. 3 of my lost points are because of sugar. I've been going through this it's not worth it. With 2 of my children home they have snacks galore and I want to participate. When kids are not here I am able to have the house snack free.
    They love chips ahoy, licorice, chocolate etc.
    It's also hard when you go to receptions and a baby blessing. I don't want to miss out on the goodies.
    Plus, we discovered the Chocolate factory in St. George. Lost a point to that sinful place.
    I think the all or nothing is in most of us.
    I'm so glad for the freebies. I just wish we could use the 12 freebies all on the sugar. I would be happy.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also an allornothing person, which is a hard habit to break. We need to recognize the mistake, and correct it right then, not throw the rest of the day away and wait till the next morning. For me, the morning never comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I too am an all or nothing kind of gal. These past two weeks have been very stressful in my household and everything went out the window for me. I'm a stress-eater, a bored-eater...and worst of all an over-eater. With that said, I just cannot give up nor beat myself up. I love Melanie's quote next to her pic..."We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore, is not an act but a habit". I need to get back to placing myself as important! Wow..is this a psychology session or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just like all of you. And for me, yesterday was a start to "giving up" for the day. All or nothing. I think what happened was that I wanted to try on some of my smaller clothes to see where I was at in all this. It was like shopping in my closet 'cuz I haven't seen those clothes in a couple of years. It was fun to see the results and that I feel close to my goal in weight. That rebounded. Then I thought throughout the day (subconsciously maybe) that I could fudge a little in having a bite of this or bite of that. Let's just say for me, I'm not going to weigh myself or try on clothes at home or at the store because it gives me false success and I take two steps backwards. 12 weeks is a long time, but I KNOW that all of us will make changes and see many benefits. I've already decided to continue the challenge beyond Oct. 31. I'm not going to blow all of this hard work just before the holidays. Anyway, sorry so long winded, but your successes AND failures really do inspire me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete