The CHALLENGE

THE CHALLENGE



1. 7 hrs. of sleep (not necessarily consecutive - naps count too!)


2. 48 oz. of water

3. 30 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4. 2 servings of veggies/ 2 servings of fruit

5. No soda or other unhealthy drinks (high sugar juices)or sweets (desserts, pastries, or sugary snacks)

6. No bad fast food (anything fried) or unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips)

7. No eating after dinner/8:00pm

8. 15 min. of scripture reading (or spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9. One journal entry (any length)

10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to a loved one or friend.




Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Progress - Amy

So, we are 3 days into this. I can't believe I am still alive. I also can't believe that the craving for sugar and diet coke are beginning to fade. ( What do ya know, all those healthy people actually know what they are talking about!)
I decided that not only will I show love and appreciation to my husband, but also make it a point to thank the kids for things and give them an extra long hug and extra affection each day. Yesterday my son was sitting on the couch watching cartoons while I was exercising. After I finished up I went up to him and told him how much I loved him and how grateful I was that he was all mine. He just looked up at me and smiled. I thought we were going to have a moment. He then said..."Mom, I think you just need to take a shower. You really stink!"
How's that for appreciation!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's about as warm and fuzzy as we get at our house too! My husband asked me if I really was going to compliment him every day... he thought that might be a bit much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy.....i'm am ROTFLOL (which I learned was facebook lingo for "rolling on the floor laughing out loud") Of course, all you young people new that already! The challenge only asks us to show appreciation. It says nothing about the other person accepting it - 1 pt. for Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!!!!! I LOVE your kids little quirks! I love reading your blog for all the funny things they say and do....too cute! Glad you are on board!

    ReplyDelete