The CHALLENGE

THE CHALLENGE



1. 7 hrs. of sleep (not necessarily consecutive - naps count too!)


2. 48 oz. of water

3. 30 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4. 2 servings of veggies/ 2 servings of fruit

5. No soda or other unhealthy drinks (high sugar juices)or sweets (desserts, pastries, or sugary snacks)

6. No bad fast food (anything fried) or unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips)

7. No eating after dinner/8:00pm

8. 15 min. of scripture reading (or spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9. One journal entry (any length)

10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to a loved one or friend.




Thursday, August 12, 2010

Progress- Andrea

My biggest challenge has been the "no sugar". I love to bake and I keep hoping for the sugar craving to subside (no such luck!). I'm constantly thinking about what I want to make on Sunday for my free day! It's really the only thing that is getting me through... besides those dark chocolate sugar free Jell-o puddings. I've allowed myself to have one each day.

For my sincere appreciation, I decided if I go out of my way to do a kind act to somebody that counts too. Yesterday at the post office my daughter and I found a piece of mail somebody dropped. It didn't have a stamp yet, so we decided to put a stamp on it and send it on it's way (it was a bill, and needed to go!).

My heart goes out to all of you who are giving up soda drinks. I've watched my mom do it lots of times, and it is sooooo hard! Fortunately, I've never liked carbonation.

1 comment:

  1. Andrea.....thanks so much for sharing. Sugar seems to be a lot of people's struggle. Thank goodness we get a free day to look forward too. You're act of kindness was not only touching but you set such a good example for your daughter as well.

    ReplyDelete