The CHALLENGE

THE CHALLENGE



1. 7 hrs. of sleep (not necessarily consecutive - naps count too!)


2. 48 oz. of water

3. 30 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)

4. 2 servings of veggies/ 2 servings of fruit

5. No soda or other unhealthy drinks (high sugar juices)or sweets (desserts, pastries, or sugary snacks)

6. No bad fast food (anything fried) or unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips)

7. No eating after dinner/8:00pm

8. 15 min. of scripture reading (or spiritual text if you don't do scripture)

9. One journal entry (any length)

10. Express sincere appreciation or praise to a loved one or friend.




Thursday, September 23, 2010

Progress? by Andrea

This challenge has given me great opportunities to evaluate. I feel like I'm progressing, but sometimes get frustrated that it's not the progress I would like to see.

I've realized that when I don't get enough sleep alot of other parts unravel. Not eating sugar seems impossible when I'm tired.

I've always loved exercise, but have been trying to push myself more. I've been doing more P90x, Jackie's workouts, in general, lots more push-ups and plyometrics. I feel although I haven't lost much weight, I'm seeing some results with toning. I can actually feel a tricep muscle! :)

I've actually read some of the Old Testament, and Book of Mormon. I've been studying my General Conference talks from last spring in preparation for this upcoming conference. I also read a Sheri Dew book. I've made it a goal to read more books about our leaders, hopefully starting with the new biography of Pres. Monson. Now, I've just got to go buy it.

Care to share any progress you have made?

No comments:

Post a Comment